I am pretty obsessed with Asian flavors. And when they combine some crunchy peppers, silky pasta and fresh scallions, well count me in.
I’ve tried several variations of this ‘salad’ and I have to say this combinations wins every time.
Adding peanut butter is very good too.
When I’m asked to bring a salad to a party, this is what I bring. I’m all about changing the traditional ‘pasta salad’ game up and bringing fresh loud flavors to the table.
Once everyone has had a bite and has some nice scallion breath, that’s when the party starts.
Who cares? Or is it me, that doesn’t care about scallion breath?
I love spaghetti noodles. I like wrapping them around my fork, jabbing the peppers with the tips and launching them into my mouth. It’s a full bite kinda party.
Roasted Chicken is amazing in this too! Oh grilled chicken too. Keep it vegetarian or go wild and add some meat.
Cold Sesame Tahini Pasta Salad
- Brown Rice Pasta, cooked according to package
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond butter
- 1 heaping tablespoon tahini
- Sriracha, a few drops or more depending on how you like you heat
- 1 heaping tablespoon, chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons, walnut oil
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, cut in 2 inch strips
- 1/2 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons parsley or cilantro or both, chopped
- 1 tablespoon scallions, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
1. After pasta is cooked, rinse with cold water and set aside.
2. Combine almond butter, tahini, Sriracha, chili flakes and a pinch of salt. Heat in a microwave for 10-15 seconds. Remove and stir. Cook another 10-15 seconds. Stir and set aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine pasta and walnut oil. Toss to fully coast pasta. Then add half of tahini mixture. Add cucumber, peppers, sesame seeds, parsley/cilantro and scallions. Toss to coat. Add the remaining tahini mixture. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
4. Enjoy right away at room temperature or great the next day!