Who doesn’t love chicken tenders? And homemade chicken tenders, are even better!
I feel good about making these and serving them to my kids…and yes, I don’t always have time to make these, but I have found my little ones prefer these over the store bought frozen kind…and we have tried I think every organic brand out there.
These are easy to make. A small list of ingredients are the recipes that I love. All of these ingredients I have in the pantry and you should to. Just sayin’.
I love comfort food. Comfort food to me means fills you belly, makes you feel good, lots of cheese, homemade…and it has to smell and look good too! I don’t often make Chicken Parmesan but this is a great way to make it gluten free, kid friendly and loved by adults too.
What about the pasta? Don’t eat it?
Well, make it gluten free or skip it completely. This night we had gluten free pasta with our kids for our two year old birthday dinner. I’ve made these before with just tomato sauce for dipping with a side of vegetables.
*Sidenote: with all these close up pictures of my bowls…I can’t STAND the fork marks that have been left. I bought these bowls at IKEA (Its a love/hate relationship I have with that place) and I love how large and wide they are, without being deep. My kids can eat out of them and love having the same bowls that we adults enjoying using. BUT those marks from our forks, really bother me. Cheap enough to buy more but maybe I should look for other bowls that won’t mark. Ok, on to the recipe.
Italian Chicken Parmesan Tenders
Makes 4 servings. Gluten Free, Whole30, Paleo, Dairy Free
- 2 Organic boneless Chicken Breasts, sliced thin & cut in strips
- 1 cup Organic Brown Rice Bread crumbs (I use Ian’s Gluten Free)
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk (or dairy free milk, coconut milk, etc)
- Pasta, sauce or vegetables for a side
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange a cooling rack on top of a cookie/baking tray.
2. In a wide bowl, mix together bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt. In another bowl, mix together the egg and milk.
3. One at a time, at a piece of chicken to the milk and egg mixture. Turn to coat and then add to the bread crumb mixture. Pat slightly and turn to coat the chicken with the bread crumbs. Place the chicken tender on the cooling rack over the cookie/baking tray. Repeat until all the chicken is coated.
4. Place in center rack of oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Check the chicken with a knife or your finger. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Dig in.