Let me be honest. This recipe is packed with flavor and is super simple.
I mean. If you can pour ingredients in a bowl. Stir them together. Pour them onto a pan. Turn your oven on. Well, then you can make this.
Everyone loves granola. I mean, my husband loves snacking on it…and that’s saying something. And kids, will love it.
I love NOT using sugar. Yes, you read that right, no sugar in this.
One thing about granola is that it is usually high in sugar and high in fat. But it doesn’t have to be.
I like oats, but I would choose nuts, seeds, berries and some spice over them. Most granola’s are heavy on the oats…this here isn’t. The combinations of all the other ingredients help soften the amount of the oats.
I’ve made many granola’s that are oat free. That’s another blog post.
Coconut Cinnamon Granola
Makes 2 Quarts, Dairy free, sugar free, gluten free
- 4 cups Gluten Free Oats
- 1 cup Brown Rice Syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup raw peptia seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 raisins
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients. With a large spatula, mix it up. Keep mixing, until everything is coated with the syrup and oil.
3. Use parchment paper or silpat on a cooking tray. Pour mixture onto tray and even out.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Mix, turn and combine ingredients. Bake for another 10 minutes. Repeat this until the cashews, coconut and oats are dark brown, but not burnt.
5. Let cool on the cooking tray. Store in glass container or ziploc bag. Freeze or store in pantry. Dig in!