I LOVE Bagels.
And these are a homerun, because well, they are gluten free, dairy free and sugar free!
Yes, they don’t have that New York style texture and taste but you have to give and take when eating without gluten!
And if you need another reason to love these? Well, they are sugar free! Like no sweetener at all!
What I love about this recipe is that you can change the flavors.
Don’t like onions? Well, add poppy seeds, sesame seeds or cinnamon & raisins.
I’m going to try cinnamon & raisins next!
Golden Flaxseed Meal adds great texture, color and flavor. I love the nutty flavor.
And I can’t take full credit for this recipe. I just changed a few things around and added the toasted onions. Elena’s Pantry was where I found it…and I had to try it, because she is one who has spent much of her life experimenting and recreating great gluten free recipes. Please check her website out!
Toasted Onion PALEO Bagels
Makes 8 1/2 inch bagels
- 1½ cups blanch almond flour
- ¼ cup golden flaxmeal
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher coarse salt
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried & toasted diced onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a donut mold with coconut oil and dust with coconut flour.
- In a food processor, pulse together almond flour, flax meal, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add eggs and vinegar and pulse until thoroughly combined. With a wooden spoon, add 1 tablespoon of dried toasted onions to the batter.
- Place batter in a resealable plastic bag, snip off one corner, and pipe batter into prepared pan. Fill only 3/4 of the way.
- Sprinkle bagels with the remaining toasted onions.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let bagels cool on wire rack…enjoy warm or store in a air tight bag. Enjoy before 5 days passes!
Love them as an afternoon snack or a great addition to your Paleo breakfast!