I’ve been craving sweets. Like craving them, BIG TIME!!
And its usually after I have a super healthy and filling salad for lunch. I just need a few bites of something sweet…and chocolate always helps!
When I eat ice cream, cookies and really whatever I want, I don’t crave them. You too? Yep!
Such a mind game. So I made this cake to take my mind off of it! Ha!
This is like a dark chocolate pound cake – its rich, dense and it has avocado, so you are eating a healthy fats too!
Talk about CRAVINGS!!! I crave this now.
That’s what raw honey and cacao do to you!
And I had to (HAD TO) add mini chocolate chips to it…I mean they are dairy, nut and soy free – so basically good for you! And the more chocolate the better!
Paleo Chocolate Avocado Cake
Makes 1 loaf
- 2/3 cups Fair Trade Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 boiling water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely ground almond flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher coarse salt
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 rip avocados, peeled and mashed
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 dairy free chocolate chips (optional, highly recommend)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil, and line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water and vanilla extract over the raw cacao and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, mix together sifted almond flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Add honey, coconut sugar and avocadaos to the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add chocolate mixture to the food processor bowl and blend until well combined.
- Add eggs to the food processor bowl and pulse 5 times to incorporate into the mixture – do not over mix!
- Gently FOLD the chocolate & avocado mixture into the dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips now too, if desired.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Remove and sl
**Recipe was inspired from Optimum Wellness