Yes, this bread is gluten free, dairy free, Paleo and it tastes AMAZING!!!
When it comes to Paleo baking – the consistency changes, taste can be different than traditional recipes and well, it’s just a bit different than you may be used to.
This bread is a bit dense and a great addition to a Paleo breakfast, snack or maybe even a last night snack.
You don’t feel bad about eating this one! That’s for sure!!
When I eat Paleo – I crave baked goods like no other.
AND knowing there is NO SUGAR in there – that just helps your mind feel at ease and your belly feel good about consuming baked goods!
The combination of honey, molasses and raisins is pretty neat. Like, the chewy raisins and the rich molasses and the sweetness of honey…and don’t forget ghee or butter melting on top.
My biggest critics are my kids and my husband.
The kids loved this as a after nap snack. And my husband and I enjoyed a slice while watching really bad tv.
If you like crust. This is a bread for you. The bottom and the top. AND when you reheat it in a toaster all the ‘sugars’ create another crust for you!
Molasses Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Paleo, Gluten Free, Sugar Free & Dairy Free
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon molasses (blackstrap is best!)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- In a measuring cup add the raisins and pour the vanilla extract over them. Let them sit until you need to add them to the mix.
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a bread pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Combine eggs, molasses, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla in a mixer bowl or medium sized bowl. Whip or mix for 1 minute on medium high.
- With a rubber spatula, slowly add dry ingredients to the wet. Mix until combined.
- Add raisins and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Pour batter into bread pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a cake tester, comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and let cool on cooling rack for 10 minutes, before slicing.
*Wrap in parchment paper to store on counter for up to 4 days. Slice, toast and spread with butter! Because, why not?!?!?!