How do you tell your readers that this is HONESTLY THE BEST PALEO BROWNIE RECIPE EVER????
I don’t know. But we ate these in one day. Yep. Don’t judge, you will too when you make these.
And I’m going to make them for some dinner guests! Yes, that good!
I admit, baked goods made Paleo…just don’t have the same consistency. And consistency is kind of a big deal, in my book! BUT these brownies are fabulous and I promise you they don’t scream PALEO…but they are, which helps, when you are eating bite after bite.
And then you look down and the whole pan is gone.
I’ve said it before that my kids and my husband are my biggest critics. And when baked goods are concerned, well my husband is much more critical and is a hard judge to please.
He couldn’t stop eating these.
He quickly asked “Are you sure these are Paleo?”
YES! No sugar, no grains, no dairy and full of goodness!
We have been completely no sugar for over 40 days…And let’s just say we feel amazing.
And when you have these treats, you just don’t notice what’s missing.
Almond Butter Swirl Brownies
Paleo, Dairy Free, Sugar Free and Delcious
makes 1 8×8 or 9×9 pan
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup raw cacoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (these are dairy and soy free)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking dish with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine coconut flour, raw cacoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk vigorously together eggs, honey, butter and coconut oil.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix until well combined.
- With a rubber spatula add the chocolate chips. Pour batter into baking dish.
- Drop small spoonfuls of the almond butter over top and “swirl” evenly into batter with a sharp knife. It doesn’t have to look or be perfect – just make sure it gets on most of the pieces you will be cutting.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a cake tester come out clean.
- Remove from pan and let cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, before slicing in.