That’s basically all I can say about these bars!
And, make these for your Valentine. Because well they are tasty, sweet without the sugar and guilt free!!
I haven’t always been a coconut fan. I think because it was always the highly processed sweetened kind.
These bars have FOUR kinds of coconut in them! Over kill? NO WAY!
Well, the unsweetened coconut chips are a great addition to homemade trail mix, top brownies and smoothies with and to enjoy by themselves.
These bars are very cake like – moist (MY LEAST FAVORITE WORD), rich and SOO very flavorful!
The flakes on the top, add a tiny bit of crunch and I just think they are cute.
These bars are best served slightly warmed…but they need to be cooled first in order to cut them easily.
I know, a lot of directions, I’m giving you.
Paleo Coconut Bars
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour, with 1 heaping tablespoon removed
- 2 heaping tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 cups unsweetened (shredded/flakes or chips) coconut, separated
- 1 teaspoon course salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 8×8 pan with cooking spray. Use parchment paper if you want.
- Mix eggs, coconut milk, oil, honey, vanilla and in a food processor.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, 1 1/2 cups of shredded coconut and salt and pulse to combine.
- Transfer ingredients into your prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- I know it smells and looks amazing, but allow to cool for ½ hour. It does cut better when it is fully cooled/chilled. Enjoy while they last 🙂