I know, quite the blog title! But that’s what this post is ALL about! EGGS
And if you aren’t a fan of eggs, well you probably should pass on reading this post.
Yes, we all get in a food rut. And I get in them a lot.
If you get in a rut, that isn’t healthy or making you feel good…well, it’s simple. GET OUT OF IT.
Breakfast, if you’ve heard, is the most important meal of the day. And every day, I crave a good breakfast to start my day off right!
The other day, my husband and I were talking about how we can change things up a bit. We eat a lot of eggs and bacon…if you haven’t noticed from my Instagram feed BUT I can’t get enough of crispy bacon and I love hot sauce or salsa on my eggs.
How to change up the kinda boring egg routine…
- Add any vegetable to scrambled eggs. Either saute the vegetable for 2 minutes in butter/oil/bacon grease…then add the eggs to it, mix and cook it all together.
- Invest in some spice & salt blends. I have a roasted garlic salt…a little sprinkle of this on an egg is game changing!
- Salsa and avocado are a great way to add serious flavor along with good fats and spiciness.
- Use your leftover vegetables from dinner the night before…throw them in with your eggs, until they are warmed and the egg is cooked!
- Add any deli meat or cook meat you have for added protein and texture. My husband loves adding thick cut deli ham to his eggs.
- Use a dairy alternative – I use So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk when I make scrambled eggs…and I love it! No coconut flavor is noticed and you get the creamy smooth consistency, we all want.
- Herbs, garlic and black pepper – Are your friend! Mix it up or sprinkle over them!
Ok, enough about eggs. Let’s talk about BACON!
Kidding. Well, kind of.
What are your favorite breakfast choices? And do you like eggs as much as I do?
Thank gosh, the chicken came before the egg…or did it?