I don’t post a lot of seafood dishes. It’s all my husband’s fault, really! Ha. Love him.
He isn’t a fan of anything that swims…so I don’t cook seafood, until he is traveling or I’m cooking for a client.
I recently made this for a client. And I had forgotten how much I love the simplicity of this dish – how the tangy tangerines are (I’m good with words :)) and how the sweet and spicy sauce coats the shrimp just perfectly.
When a dish takes 6 minutes to make. Well, you make it. And enjoy it in less time, because hot shrimp are the best kind…and you are just SO hungry!
Make sure you scrape your pan, because the honey caramelizes and get thick from the arrowroot powder…and is well, just like candy!
Paleo Firecracker Orange Shrimp
Makes 4 servings…along with a side
- 2 lbs raw shrimp
- 1 heaping tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- sprinkle of salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tangerine or small oranges, peeled and sectioned
- Peel shrimp and remove any veins, if necessary. Set aside.
- Heat large pan on high heat and add coconut oil. Once the pan is hot, add the shrimp.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add all of the remaining ingredients. Stir together to coat the shrimp.
- Cook until the shrimp is just fully cooked **Turn down the heat, if the sauce is getting too brown too fast. Remove the shrimp from the pan right away and serve hot.
I roasted a sweet potato. Mashed it with ghee and baby kale. Sprinkled salt and pepper. And served warm with the shrimp.