Yep, that title is a mouth full. So is the bread!
I can’t seem to come up with recipe titles, without mentioning most of the ingredients 🙂
Let’s chat about the benefits of FLAX
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids, “good” fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects.
- Lignans, which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities.
- Fiber. Flaxseed contains both the soluble and insoluble types.
I love the added texture of the coconut flake topping. Simple but adds to the taste of the entire bread.
Bread that is Paleo?
Yes. If you are a bread lover like me, but want it Paleo. This is the one for you.
It is dense. Has good texture without being too spongy – like some Paleo baked products tend to have.
The flax and combination of almond flour and almond meal, help make it more bread like.
Honey Almond & Flax Quick Bread with Coconut Flakes
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup ground flax meal
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 heaping teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients – almond meal, almond flour, flax meal, spices and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, honey, coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mixing with a spatula until just blended.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle coconut flakes evenly on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top center fills firm to the touch.
- Let cool on rack. Slice and enjoy with ghee, butter or plain! Great for a breakfast bread or as a snack with coffee, of course!