It’s always good to start a Monday out with a cookie recipe!
It helps too they there is NO FLOUR, NO SUGAR and just pure GOODNESS in these.
If you like chew cookies – these are for you!
If you like the richness from raw cacao and semi-sweet dairy free chocolate chips – well these are for you!
Make them while you are alone…because you will have little hands grabbing for them.
Chewy Cacao Chip Cookies
Inspired by Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook – I made them with peanut butter so not paleo, but can use all almond butter if preferred. I changed her measurements slightly and used dairy free chips and raw cacao.
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, stirred before measured
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup dairy free semi sweet chips (I use Enjoy Life)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the almond and peanut butters with the coconut sugar in a medium sized bowl. Best to use a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add the egg to the mixture and mix until just smooth. Add the baking soda, vanilla extract and salt to the mixture and combine together.
- Fold in the the chocolate chips. Sprinkle the raw cacao over the top of the dough – and fold in using your wooden spoon or spatula. Don’t over mix and combine until you don’t see the dry raw cacao anymore. Dough should have a spiral like color to it – with the light dough and darker dough from the cacao.
- With a tablespoon, form the dough into balls. Press down slightly on the pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the dough in the center of each cookie is cooked. They will spread and be bubbly = delicious!
- Let cool on the pan for 1-2 minutes and transfer to the cooling rack. They are fragile so be care when you are transferring them to the rack.