Peanut Butter & Jelly
Peas & Carrots
Bread & Butter
Rocks & Salt…
oh, I mean….Chocolate & Bacon.
Let’s get real. When eating the Caveman way, we all need a sweet treat in our life…that happens to be healthy.
I mean seriously.
These cookies are SO rich and the perfect 4 bites of sweetness we all need…sometimes!
Cacao, Bacon & Almond Butter Cookies
- 2-3 thick slices of uncured bacon
- 1 cup thick almond butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut bacon in little pieces. Saute on medium to low heat until crispy. Drain bacon on paper towel and pat to dry.
- Mix together in a medium sized bowl, the almond butter and coconut sugar with a rubber spatula. The mixture will be thick!
- Add egg and mix until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients including the bacon bits and mix until just combined.
- Using a ice cream scoop, scoop the dough onto the baking sheet – leave about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack.
*Store in an airtight container. Great frozen – take out how ever many you want to eat and let thaw on counter for a few minutes.